Who is it for?
This course is intended for anyone entrusted with a position of leadership in an organization – whether that position is as a front- line supervisor, middle manager or top executive. The principles of leadership do not change only its scale and range of influence.
What’s in it for me and business?
Quality leadership is the hallmark of successful organizations. Some people have a natural talent for the role but good leadership can be learned through training, coaching and practice. The quality of the leadership which is in place through the ranks of an organization will in large part determine the success of that organization in the long-term. It is essential therefore, that anyone who is entrusted with a position and responsibility for leading people fully understands and appreciates what this leadership role requires of them in practice.
What will I do and experience during training?
- Learn what leadership is and is not!
- Examine the difference between leadership and management
- Be introduced to the “3–in-1” leadership model
- Study the ”leadership competency framework”
- Study the 5 levels of leadership and apply this framework to yourself and those in key leadership roles in your organization
- Learn what good leaders do and don’t do.
- Learn the critical importance of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in leadership roles
- Examine the “Situational Leadership” Model and apply this model to your personal circumstances and situation.
What will I be able to do after I receive training?
You will be able to:
- Differentiate between leadership and management and be able to know when to be a leader and when to be a manager.
- Apply the leadership competency framework to assess your levels of personal leadership competence
- Identify your personal strengths and weaknesses as a leader and develop a plan to improve.
- Apply sound leadership principles in your day to day work and
- Be a more effective leader of your people