What's in it for me and my business?
- Direct, open and respectful communication:
- Reduces the likelihood of misunderstandings and conflicts
- Improves the chances of quick and constructive conflict resolution
- Increases the likelihood of getting what we want, while maintaining good relationship with other people
- Builds self confidence and sense of control over once life
- Nurtures the respectful relationships among people.
Training is highly interactive, with short theoretical introductions and a lot of opportunities for participants to see, discuss, try and practice this communication style.
- Three styles of communication – passive, aggressive and assertive
- Basic assertive rights
- Techniques of assertiveness:
- Giving negative feedback
- Expressing disagreement
- Broken record
- How to say no
- I statements
- Lecture and group discussion
- Analysis and discussion of video clips
- Role play
- Individual and group work